Engineering is the most popular choice amongst the students, it is the combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
Each and every year the engineering graduates are increasing due to the increase in engineering colleges leading to increase in branches and seats. AICTE has approved total of 200 engineering branches which is categorized into 34 major engineering branches, hence majority of the students are in dilemma and their confusion is either justified due the figures of engineering branches.
Today there are numerous branches in engineering thus creating more confusion amongst the students whereas earlier there were only few core engineering subjects like- civil, mechanical and electrical.
Most of the students today are still unaware of the various branches of engineering and due to lack of awareness they tend to choose the wrong engineering branch, well in order to clear your confusion and doubts let us see how you can select the right engineering branch of your choice-
- Analyze your area of interest- This is the most important thing to keep in mind choose the subject and the branch according to your interests and not according to what others say, you study the subjects to gain knowledge and if you chose the wrong branch then you will have no interest in studying that topic and later on you will also not succeed in your professional life because the job will be not interesting to you.
- Consult and meet with your seniors or students pursuing the same branch, ask them about the scope of the various branches, about its job prospects and campus placements.
- After choosing your branch always find out which kind of job profiles are available in your industry after completing your engineering.
- If your interest is towards the government jobs then choosing core branches would be beneficial, private industries give handsome salary but they do not guarantee job security.
- Good job prospects- Do a little bit of research as to what is the job scope of the branch which you have chosen, so that after you get your degree you do not remain unemployed.
At the end it is you who has to decide the kind of branch which will suit you, always try to seek advice from your seniors, professors and experienced people in that branch.
Get to know about the future prospects of the course and its scope in India and abroad.
Candidates should select a particular branch whichever suits their skills, while choosing a particular branch candidates should have very good academic record in their particular subjects.
There are so many branches in engineering each and every branch has got its own scope and job growth so whichever branch you choose you have a bright chance to rise just give your best, work hard and create good social network.