MBA stands for Master of business administration it is one of the most popular and sought out course amongst the students these days. It is a full-fledged two years post-graduate program.
Students appear for various competitive entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, SNAP to name a few for getting into top management institutions. Each year different IIM’s (Indian institute of management) conduct the national level common aptitude test for the students across the nation. The competition is extremely tough since the MBA is gaining huge popularity amongst the students.
The MBA course majorly focuses on the base for theoretical, analytical and applied knowledge of business administration. Most of the post-graduate diploma programs (PGDP) are offered by many top autonomous B-schools and IIM which is itself equivalent to two years MBA program.
Majority of students are pursuing the management program because they want to gain an edge over business skills and want to have their own start-up and be their own boss.
Eligibility for MBA-
- A student is only eligible for admission to any of the IIM’S if he/she clears the Common admission test (CAT), On the other hand besides CAT students can even qualify for other management exams like GMAT, XAT, MAT etc.
- After you have cleared your entrance exam there are various institutes which conduct second round of short-listing process which includes essay writing.
- Finally, after you have cracked both the rounds then the selected students go for the final round which includes group discussions and personal interviews there are many institutes which give weight-age to students those who have prior work experience.
As we all know MBA is the most popular post-graduate program so there are many types of MBA programs that are available for the students like General MBA, Specialized MBA, Super- Specialized MBA, Executive MBA, etc.
- GENERAL MBA-In this type of MBA students generally study the overall aspects of management, they get the overall generalized structure of the MBA curriculum, after the completion of first year the students can take up the specialization of their choice, this type of MBA provides much of theoretical knowledge to the students.
- SPECIALIZED MBA-This type of MBA provides an edge on knowledge and skill in a particular branch of business administration like- infrastructure, agriculture, banking, finance, retail etc. so that they get in-depth knowledge about their area of interests.
- EXECUTIVE MBA- This type of MBA is basically for the working professionals those who want to gain and enhance their knowledge on the particular area of specialization and with their professional work simultaneously they can gain an executive MBA degree.
Some of the subjects in MBA are-
- Entrepreneurship and business planning.
- Financial accounting
- Strategy and marketing management
- Fundamentals of accounting, etc.
Specializations in MBA-
- Organizational behavior
After you have successfully completed your post-graduate program in business administration there are many top industries where you can work in like-
- Human resources- As an HR in the company you are responsible for recruiting, selecting, training and retaining the talent of the company.
- Finance- As the Indian financial market is booming this field is gaining immense popularity it has job opportunities in various sectors like- banking, stock exchange, consultancy etc.
- Marketing-The degree in marketing will help you to better understand market scenarios and consumer behavior. It helps you to boost the sales of a company.
- Healthcare- This degree requires the professionals to handle the hospital administration and they are an important part of the hospital.
5. Information Technology (IT)- As the IT industry is booming the demand for IT professionals is increasing day by day thus creating more opportunities for the professionals in the IT industry.