First of all let us know the insights of what is M.TECH, it is a post -graduation degree in engineering after pursuing B.TECH a student can opt this degree for his/her higher studies.
Pursuing M.TECH after B.TECH is a very good alternate option for students to boost up their career and adds a value to their portfolio.
This degree helps students to brush up their practical knowledge regarding their particular stream and help them to gain command over the subjects in which they expertise.
In general if a student has good hold over technical subjects and wants to enhance his/her skill in the engineering profession then they must definitely go for higher degree.
Day by day the demand of engineers in India is increasing, whatever might be the market trends the engineers are always in demand. The engineers today are a very vital element of the country. With the advancement of science and technology more and more engineering knowledge is required.
There are various advantages of pursuing an M.TECH degree as it paves the path for a professional engineer as well as for a managerial position.
Some of its advantages are-
• Adding a higher educational degree in your portfolio is always a plus point and plays a major role in boosting up your career, people with higher education degree are always preferred first.
• After pursuing your masters you’ll end up getting well paid job in private and government sectors because as I mentioned above people with higher education are given much preference.
• A master degree will provide you much exposure to the applications of engineering and will give you deeper insights about the subjects in which you have interest.
• There are much chances that you’ll gain higher managerial roles in the technical field.
There are various opportunities available in India for the students pursuing M.TECH such as-
1. Research and development- You can always go for further studies like PhD after completing your M.TECH and get super specialized in the area of your interest.
2. Corporate sector- Due to the rise in technology it is giving rise to engineers and technical companies so there are higher chances of getting a good position in a technical company. There are abundant of opportunities in corporate sectors for engineers with good skills.
3. If you are highly interested in becoming a lecturer or a teacher then teaching profession is another area where there are various opportunities available after completing your M.TECH with plenty of colleges opening in the country more and more jobs positions are vacant.
At last it depends upon one’s personal interest, whether he/she wishes to go for further studies or not always be practical and pre-judge your strong area before making any decision do consult with experienced people, but always remember gaining education is always worth it.