Bachelor of technology (B.TECH) is one of the most popular undergraduate course amongst the students, it is a four year undergraduate program with the immense popularity in the B.TECH programs there are several best B.TECH colleges in Greater Noida, offering various engineering programs. B.TECH is an interdisciplinary course which consists of various streams such as chemical, mechanical, electrical, civil engineering and many more.
- The minimum eligibility for pursuing an undergraduate engineering degree is the successful completion of 10+2 education from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% average marks, with compulsory subjects such as math and physics with additional subjects like computer, Hindi or any other.
- The candidates need to crack the various national level entrance exams conducted by various governing bodies in order to get into the most prestigious colleges.
- The admissions to various engineering programs differs from one college to another, in order to get into top B.TECH government colleges a student needs to appear for the Joint entrance exam (JEE) which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology each year, or there are many renowned private colleges conducting their own entrance exams for the admissions to various engineering programs. The JEE consists of two phases- first the student needs to clear the JEE ADVANCED exam followed by JEE MAINS, which is necessary to get into top IIT’s and NIT’s.
LIST OF ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMS-
- JEE MAIN
- JEE ADVANCED
- ASSAM CEE
- KEAM Etc.
MODES OF ENGINEERING-
- Regular course- Most of the students go for the regular classroom programs.
- Distance learning- Some of the students due to their personal reasons are not able to study in a regular mode they go for the distance program or either the working students go for this mode of program, there are many good colleges offering the distance learning B.TECH programs in India.
Some of the branches in B.TECH are-
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural engineering
- Mining engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Some of the top companies that hire B.TECH graduates are-
TCS, Infosys, Deloitte, Accenture, Cognizant, BHEL, ONGC, Bajaj, Tata Motors and many more.
After completing the B.TECH program, the students can work in various industries and can handle different job positions such as-
- Biomedical Engineer.
- Chemical Engineer.
- Civil Engineer.
- Computer Engineer.
- Drafting and Design Engineer.
- Aerospace Engineer
- Agricultural Engineer.
- Automotive Engineer.
Opportunities for MASTER programs-
A student can even go for a master program that is (M.TECH) after finishing their B.TECH degree, students mostly go for an M.TECH degree in order to gain an edge on skills in the particular area of their interests, which makes them more valuable and employable, students mostly pursue their master’s from top government colleges or they go abroad for their further studies.
Some of the job opportunities for BTECH graduates are-
- Programming and software development
- Information systems operation and management
- Telecommunications and networking
- Computer science research
- The Web and the internet
- Image processing, graphics, and multimedia
- Training and support